Saturday, July 21, 2007

Khushboo

Parveen Shakir is now one of my favoraite shaiyraa .. although my introduction to her has not been very long .. I was introduced to her kalaam's last year and got hooked .. She was a legend in a very young age..Her poetry was a breath of fresh air in Urdu poetry...

She worked as a teacher for 9 years before joining the Pakistan Civil Service

I remember hearing a story about her, that when she sat down to take civil service exam one of the question was related to her own poem ...

Her first book, Khushboo, won the Adamjee Award. She was also awarded the Pride of Performance.

She also taught at Trinity College, Connecticut, USA, and then did her masters in public administration at Harvard University in 1991.

I will try to add some of her composition in this blog in coming days ....

No comments: